Best options for antique appraisals online?

I would like to have a few antiques I own, appraised. I used to go to an antique dealer I know, but she has unfortunately closed her business following her retirement. Also, with the current health crisis, it might be better in the meantime to conduct business online. Would anyone have recommendations for some serious appraisal websites from which I could get estimates?

A quick search on Google returns a few results with names like Mister Expert, JustAnswer, or Value My Stuff. But I'm not sure how reliable these services are.

Thank you for your answers!

Paul

Hi Paul!
I'm usually using eBay and other sites like Etsy and RubyLane as got-to sources to get a rough estimate of what an antique is worth. JustAnswer seems also quite reliable and accurate. Of course, the best option is to ask a professional antique dealer. But this can be pricey.

There's an entire article dedicated to the Best Options for Online Antique Appraisals on fleamarketinsiders.com: https://www.fleamarketinsiders.com/best-options-for-online-antique-appraisals/

Good luck with your search!

Claire

nicolas has reacted to this post.
nicolas
Quote from Guest on 27th January 2021, 11:43

I'm usually using eBay and other sites like Etsy and RubyLane as got-to sources to get a rough estimate of what an antique is worth. JustAnswer seems also quite reliable and accurate.

This is indeed a good way to proceed: first, carry out an online search - Google is also a good source of information, especially as it sports image recognition tools using artificial intelligence - before proceeding with specialized tools such as JustAnswer Mister Expert, or Value My Stuff for example.

It is important to cross-check several sources in order to have a more precise idea of what an object may be worth.

nicolas has reacted to this post.
nicolas