Last updated on 1.4.2019
1. Who we are and how to contact us
The data controller for this site is Flea Market Insiders (see imprint and more about us). This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you wish to contact us, you can use this contact form.
2. What personal data we collect and how we use it
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, Name, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City, debit card details, information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code); and information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our site and services.
We may also collect information how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3. Purposes of data collection
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To provide customer support.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service.
- To monitor the usage of our Service.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- We may also use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, remarketing ads via third parties and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in every email we send.
4. Access, Correction and Deletion
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the information we have collected about you and obtain a more in-depth explanation about how the information is used.
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
5. How we collect personal data
Information collected by third-parties
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We may allow third-party companies that use tracking technologies, such as cookies or pixels, to record IP information about users who visit or interact with our website. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them, inter alia, to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, such a Google Analytics, Quantcast or similar tools.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
The payment processors we work with are:
If you decide to buy premium access to our Service, we collect information about you during the checkout process. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- Send you important account/order/service information.
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or complaints.
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
- Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one. We do not have access to your personal password, which is encrypted.
If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Comments submitted to this website are the responsibility of the commenter. Fleamapket reserves the right to remove or edit comments at our discretion. Site URLs (if provided) are published along with comments. E-mail addresses are required with the submission of comments but are not disclosed, unless the commenter deliberately does so him/herself by entering the e-mail address in the main comment box in addition to the box clearly labeled for the e-mail address.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely unless you request the deletion of the information. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We reserve the right to delete any comments that we deem inappropriate or not beneficial to the readership. This includes but is not limited to comments containing profanity, self-promotion, harassment, threats, or spam of any sort.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service like Akismet, which helps keep spam under control by filtering out spam comments.
6. External Links
The web site contains links to other websites not owned by the owner of this website. We will not, and cannot, control how your personal information is used on these other websites. Consult the privacy policies of the linked websites to see how they use your information.
7. Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We may also use specific approved contracts with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA. These contracts give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA .
- Where we use service providers in the United States, we may transfer personal data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield scheme, which requires them to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data to what is required in the EEA.
- If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place for the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA.
8. Security of your personal data
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized staff of this site (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorized processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. You are responsible for choosing a secure password when we ask you to set up a password to access parts of our Site. You should keep this password confidential and you should choose a password that you do not use on any other site. You should not share your password with anyone else, including anyone who works for us. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Distribution Of Information
We do not share your personally identifiable information to any third party for their own marketing purposes. However, we may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
9. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you.
- You have given us permission to do so.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- For payment processing purposes.
- To comply with the law.
10. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us using the contact form.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where TermsFeed relied on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
- You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
11. Children’s Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How long we keep your personal data
12. Cookies and similar technology
When you visit our Sites or when you use our Services, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use: session cookies (we use these cookies to operate our Service) and preference cookies (we use these cookies to remember your preferences and various settings).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Advertising on our sites that is based on cookies and similar technology
We use personalized online advertising on our sites. This allows us to deliver more relevant advertising to people who visit the Site. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with our sites and apps. It then shows you adverts which we believe may interest you.
When you browse our sites or use our apps, some of the cookies and similar technology we place on your device may be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser based on these interests.
We do not collect or use information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number for personalized online advertising.
We may also share online data collected through cookies and similar technology with our advertising partners. This means that when you are on another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on this Site. We may also show you advertising on this Site based on your browsing patterns on other sites that we have obtained from our advertising partners.
Online retargeting is another form of online advertising that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you advertising based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a site away from our sites.
Advertising that we place on our site or on other sites
We may also use personalized online advertising to promote our own products and services. This means that you may see advertising for our products and services on our sites and when you are on other, third-party websites, including social media platforms.
13. Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write to us using this contact form.
- We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
14. Your California privacy rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you live in California and your business relationship with us is mainly for personal, family or household purposes, you may ask us about the information we release to other organisations for their marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email using this contact form with “Request for California privacy information” in the subject line. You may make this type of request once every calendar year. We will email you a list of categories of personal data we revealed to other organisations for their marketing purposes in the last calendar year, along with their names and addresses. Not all personal data shared in this way is covered by Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code.
15. Privacy Contact Information