The Old House Parts Company was born of a passion for reclamation, recycling, and restoration. While working as a contractor, the founder became increasingly horrified by the sheer amount of high-quality architectural craftmanship being tossed into dumpsters as buildings were torn down. He decided to do something about this and set about rescuing these treasures to make them available for others to breathe life into once again.
Since 1996 The Old House Parts Company has been open for business and immediately became something of a Mecca for homeowners, builders, designers, architects, artists, and enthusiasts from all over the country. A new owner took over in 2018 after many years under the wing of the original founder working alongside him and providing additional expertise, therefore retaining the passion and ethos that established this store. The building itself is an example of architectural salvage, as it is a warehouse built in 1872, and provides 11,000 square feet of space to display the unbelievable range of items for sale here.
The collection found within The Old House Parts Company literally has to be seen to be believed. It is somewhat of a revolving museum of genuine architectural salvage including antique windows, doors, hardware, stained glass, lighting, fireplace mantels, moldings, beadboard, paneling, stair parts, clawfoot tubs, sinks, iron, stone, masonry, old wood flooring and more. There are more than 3,000 doors to choose from – just doors!
Visitors to The Old House Parts Company may think that with so many thousands of items in its inventory that it may be hard to shop around and find something they fancy. This could not be further from the truth. This warehouse store is meticulously organized, arranged into sections that are easy to navigate, and creates a space that is intuitive to walk through. Enough can not be said about the expertise of the staff too – what they do not know about architectural salvage is definitely not worth knowing!